Undergraduate & Graduate Programs

College of the Environment offers several undergraduate and graduate degree options.

Environmental Sciences Degree Options

Do you love the sciences and scientific inquiry? Do you enjoy working outdoors? Or perhaps you are interested in trying to solve environmental problems caused by human activities. If so, an Environmental Science degree from Western might be right for you.

The Department of Environmental Sciences offers a variety of degree and emphasis options:

Undergraduate Majors, B.S.

The Department of Environmental Sciences

Undergraduate Minor

Graduate Programs, M.S.

Environmental Studies & Urban and Environmental Planning & Policy Degree Options

Are you a self-professed policy wonk? Does exploring new geographic information systems (GIS) applications set your heart aflutter? Or perhaps you're planning a career in outdoor education, environmental policy, or urban planning and sustainability. If so, a degree from College of the Environment's Department of Environmental Studies or the Department of Urban and Environmental Planning and Policy might be the right path for you.

Undergraduate Majors, B.A.

The Department of Environmental Studies

The Department of Urban and Environmental Planning and Policy

Combined Majors, B.A. & B.A.E.

Undergraduate Minors


Graduate Programs, M.Ed. & M.A.

Student Faculty Design Major

Have an idea for a course of study not currently represented in one of our degree/emphasis pairings? College of the Environment is one of two colleges at Western Washington University to offer a student faculty design major. Students must still complete the preparatory courses for either the bachelor of science or arts degree.

Please contact Kathryn Patrick, the College of the Environment admissions advisor, at (360)650-2817 to make an appointment ro discuss the student faculty design BA or BS.

For more information on degrees, admission policies and procedures, application, and course descriptions, go to the WWU general catalog section for the College of the Environment, or contact the College of the Environment academic advising team.