Undergraduate & Graduate Programs
College of the Environment offers several undergraduate and graduate degree options.
Environmental Sciences Degree Options
Do you love the sciences and scientific inquiry? Do you enjoy working outdoors? Or perhaps you are interested in trying to solve environmental problems caused by human activities. If so, an Environmental Science degree from Western might be right for you.
The Department of Environmental Sciences offers a variety of degree and emphasis options:
The Department of Environmental Sciences
- Environmental Science
- Environmental Science, Freshwater & Terrestrial Ecology Emphasis
- Environmental Science, Marine Science Emphasis
- Environmental Science, Toxicology Emphasis
Graduate Programs, M.S.
Environmental Studies & Urban and Environmental Planning & Policy Degree Options
Are you a self-professed policy wonk? Does exploring new geographic information systems (GIS) applications set your heart aflutter? Or perhaps you're planning a career in outdoor education, environmental policy, or urban planning and sustainability. If so, a degree from College of the Environment's Department of Environmental Studies or the Department of Urban and Environmental Planning and Policy might be the right path for you.
Undergraduate Majors, B.A.
The Department of Environmental Studies
- Environmental Studies
- Environmental Studies-Education and Social Justice Emphasis
- Environmental Studies-Policy, Politics, and Governance Emphasis
- Environmental Studies-Geography Emphasis
- Environmental Studies-Geographic Information Science Emphasis
- Environmental Studies-Justice and Community Resilience Emphasis
The Department of Urban and Environmental Planning and Policy
- Environmental Policy
- Urban Planning and Sustainable Development (UPSD)
- Urban Sustainability
Combined Majors, B.A. & B.A.E.
- Economics/Environmental Studies, B.A.
- Business and Sustainability, B.A.
- Environmental Journalism, B.A.
- Geography/Social Studies, B.A.
- Environmental Studies - Elementary Education, B.A.E.
- Geography - Elementary Education, B.A.E.
- Climate Change Minor
- Disaster Risk Reduction Minor
- Environmental Education Minor
- Environmental Justice Minor
- Environmental Policy Minor
- Environment Science Minor
- Environmental Studies Minor
- Geographic Information Science Minor
- Geography Minor
- Sustainable Design Minor (WWU Catalog page)
Graduate Programs, M.Ed. & M.A.
Student Faculty Design Major
Have an idea for a course of study not currently represented in one of our degree/emphasis pairings? College of the Environment is one of two colleges at Western Washington University to offer a student faculty design major. Students must still complete the preparatory courses for either the bachelor of science or arts degree.
For more information on degrees, admission policies and procedures, application, and course descriptions, go to the WWU general catalog section for the College of the Environment, or contact the College of the Environment academic advising team.