College of the Environment offers several undergraduate degree options.
Environmental Sciences Degree Options
Do you love the sciences and scientific inquiry? Do you enjoy working outdoors? Or perhaps you are interested in trying to solve environmental problems caused by human activities. If so, an Environmental Science degree from Western might be right for you.
The Department of Environmental Sciences offers a variety of degree and emphasis options:
- Environmental Science
- Environmental Science, Freshwater & Terrestrial Ecology Emphasis
- Environmental Science, Marine Science Emphasis
- Environmental Science, Toxicology Emphasis
Graduate Programs, M.S.
Environmental Studies Degree Options
Are you a self-professed policy wonk? Does exploring new geographic information systems (GIS) applications set your heart aflutter? Or perhaps you're planning a career in outdoor education, environmental policy, or urban planning and sustainability. If so, a degree from College of the Environment's Department of Environmental Studies might be the right path for you.
The Department of Environmental Studies offers a variety of majors, minors, and graduate degrees:
Undergraduate Majors, B.A.
- Environmental Studies
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Policy
- Urban Planning and Sustainable Development (UPSD)
Combined Majors, B.A. & B.A.E.
- Economics/Environmental Studies, B.A.
- Business and Sustainability, B.A.
- Environmental Journalism
- Geography/Social Studies, B.A.
- Environmental Studies - Elementary Education, B.A.E.
- Geography - Elementary Education, B.A.E.
- Disaster Risk Reduction Minor
- Environmental Education Minor
- Environmental Policy Minor
- Environmental Studies Minor
- Geographic Information Science Minor
- Geography Minor
- Sustainable Design Minor (WWU Catalog page)
- Sustainability Studies Minor
- Environmental Justice Minor
Graduate Programs, M.Ed. & M.A.
Student Faculty Design Major
Have an idea for a course of study not currently represented in one of our degree/emphasis pairings? College of the Environment is one of two colleges at Western Washington University to offer a student faculty design major. Students must still complete the preparatory courses for either the bachelor of science or arts degree.
For more information on degrees, admission policies and procedures, application, and course descriptions, go to the WWU general catalog section for the College of the Environment, or contact the College of the Environment academic advising team.