GPS Data for the WWU Campus
Western GPS Data
GPS coordinates for the main buildings, outdoor art sculptures and miscellaneous other point features on campus are available for use with GPS receivers. These coordinates were derived from City of Bellingham Air Photos and are believed to have a horizontal accuracy of within 5 feet. You can also view the data using Google Maps.
- Point location positioned just inside the main door of the building. For dorms the point is centered inside the wall closest to the main access side.
- 2020 Building Centroids (.gpx file): WWU_Buildings.gpx
- 2020 Building Entrances (.gpx file): WWU_Doors.gpx
- 2020 Walkways (.gpx file): WWU_Walkways.gpx
MISCELLANEOUS Features (grouped by type):
- BUS (stops): WWU_Bus Stops.gpx
- FOOD (on campus including resident dining)
- PHONE (emergency phones)
- PUBLIC (courtyards, plazas, etc)
- SPORT (fields, etc.
ART (WWU's Outdoor Sculpture Collection):
- Coordinates for the WWU Outdoor Sculpture Collection. (See Tour or Map)
Files are available in a variety of formats to accommodate different types of GPS receiver:
- .txt tab delimited text file
- .csv comma delimited text file
- .gdb Garmin GPS Database (note, this is not an ESRI Geodatabase)
- .gpx GPS eXchange file
- .wpt Garmin waypoint file
- .zip A zipped ESRI Shapefile (for use in a GIS)
- .kml Keyhole markup language for Google Earth / Map*
Click or Right-click to download (Save) files: (to simply view the data click on one of the .txt files or the Google Maps links below):
|Format||Buildings||Misc (Bus, Rec, Phones, Food, etc.)||Art|
* You can view the KML files in Google Maps (online)
Coordinates derived from 2002 City of Bellingham Air Photos and field verifications. Horizontal error estimated at less than 5 feet.